Pension rights are often taken into account as assets following a divorce settlement or dissolution of a civil partnership. If you or your spouse commences divorce proceedings you will need to obtain a Cash Equivalent Transfer Value ('CETV') of your benefits as your solicitor will require this. You can request this from the administrators of the scheme you are a member of by contacting the Pensions Service Centre The Trustee must comply with any pension sharing order made by the court in divorce or dissolution proceedings specifically to pay part of your pension to a spouse or civil partner. If an order is applied this will reduce your benefits in the scheme along with any death benefits payable.

More information, including the administration charges that apply, is available from the Pensions Service Centre.

Yes No